Sunday, November 27, 2016

Week 11/28-12/2

I hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving break where you were able to create lasting memories! The next three weeks are going to fly by and then we will be on break again (sleeping in is so nice). With that said, there is a lot to get done before final semester grades are due 12/16.

We will read the graphic novel Maus I: My Father Bleeds History and complete depth and complexity graphic organizers for each chapter (these organizers are designed to develop their critical and analytical thinking).

AR is also due 12/09 (that is in two weeks and it is 10% of their overall grade). Please make sure your child is reading and earning the required 35-points. You can keep track on Parent Portal (I put in the points as students take quizzes, so you can see their progress).
Monday
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History PDF
Chapter 1 Handout
Tuesday
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History PDF
Chapter 1 Handout
Wednesday
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History PDF
Chapter 2 Handout
AR Log Check (Log-5 entries/Signature)
  *Students need to be reading an AR book that has a reading level >3.5 for 30 minutes 5 nights per week. Students need to earn 35 points at every quarter checkpoint (12/9, 3/10 and 6/2). GOOD NEWS: Students only need to complete the front side  to take an AR quiz!
Thursday

Maus I: My Father Bleeds History PDF
Chapter 2 Handout
Friday

Maus I: My Father Bleeds History PDF
Chapter 1 Handout / Chapter 2 Handout Due: End of the Period