Sunday, November 11, 2018

Week 11/12-11/16

Students will finish Maus I: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman (1986) this week. It has been so much fun to watch them engage with one another while they take on character voices as they read. I wish I could get a good video; however, whenever I come around with the camera, they stop! Arrrgh...Teenagers! They have also been collaborating with one another and engaging in academic discourse throughout this entire process. They seem to enjoy the book and I hope it will serve as background information for the hero's journey narrative they will write when they return from Thanksgiving break.

Monday
Veterans' Day Observed
Tuesday
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History (PDF)/Group Poster Instructions (Chapter 4)
Wednesday
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History (PDF)/Group Poster Instructions (Poster)
Thursday
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History (PDF)/Group Poster Instructions (Chapter 5)
Friday
School Canceled Due to Air Quality