Sunday, November 4, 2018

Week 11/5-11/9


Last week, students completed their Hero Definition Essays. Please click here to see examples of student writing that met the 8th-grade level standard

Students also started to read Maus I: My Father Bleeds History by Art Spiegelman (1986) in literature circles. It is fun to watch them engage with one another while they take on character voices as they read (pictures of Period 2 to the left). This will help them improve their reading fluency and listening comprehension, all the while having a little fun. Students also worked collaboratively on a depth and complexity poster to help with understanding the graphic novel and the embedded literary elements.
Monday
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History (PDF)/Group Poster Instructions (Chapter 2)
Tuesday
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History (PDF)/Group Poster Instructions (Poster)
Wednesday
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History (PDF)/Group Poster Instructions (Poster Due)
Thursday
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History (PDF)/Group Poster Instructions (Chapter 3)
Friday
Maus I: My Father Bleeds History (PDF)/Group Poster Instructions (Poster)
AR Log Check (Log/Signature)
*Students need to be reading an AR book that has a reading level of 3.5+ for 30 minutes 5 nights per week. Students need to earn 30 points at every checkpoint (12/11, 03/19, and 05/28). Please see the Accelerated Reader Roadmap for more information.